I’m no longer Catholic, but I was thinking about giving up TV for Lent. I’ve lately binge-watched 3 seasons of The Wire, Luther and Wallander … It’s starting to affect my sleep. My one hangup with committing? Lent ends on April 17. Game of Thrones Season 4 starts on April 6. While I waffle over my commitment to watching less television, here is some awesome stuff other people are doing …
- My favorite local pie shop is expanding. We have begun eating pie for breakfast much more frequently since they opened a couple years ago.
- First there was Parson’s. Then there was Honey Butter. And now the newest chicken shack sold out 90 minutes after opening. Fried chicken is huge and I’m starting to feel surrounded.
- Em reviewed Bell’s Amber as only she can. I haven’t kept up with beer since I’ve gotten into cocktails; her reviews are how I figure out what to buy at the store these days.
- Erik Ellestad introduces a different kind of milk punch – basically, you “break” the milk and then strain out the solids … apparently, it’s delightful.
- A nine-year-old wrote a book about mitochondrial disease, which her little brother suffers from. It’s incurable and she’s trying to raise $1 million to find a cure. My brother contributed some illustrations to the book; the original artwork is also for sale – every dime of the sale goes toward Makenzie’s fundraising efforts.